Thursday, June 12, 2014

{ Happy 116th Philippine Independence Day! }


To celebrate this special occasion, hubby and I went to Boston last week to check out their 116th Philippine Independence Day (Filipino gatherings) event, organized by PAMANA Group. I was thrilled to see so many Filipinos in one area that day. I’ve never been surrounded by Filipinos in a very long time, except when I travel back to Philippines. It feels like HOME! People talking in Tagalog or their native dialects. It felt good to hear those familiar sounds again. :)



The Outfit:

I was wearing the dress I bought back in the Philippines last year. Got it at Marquee Mall in Jewels store. The dress was only P150 ($4). It was a great find! :) I paired the dress with my brown flats and Coach bag, then finished the whole look with some accessories.

Shopping in the Philippines is always fun because you'll find dresses like this in a very cheap price. Great quality too! :) Whenever I travel back there, I intend not to bring too many clothes with me. That's because I LOVE buying clothes there and then bring them back here in the U.S. First good thing about that is, you'll never see that same style of clothes here. People will be asking, where did you get that dress/shoes/bag? And of course, my answer would always be "Philippines". ^_^ Second, even if you buy branded clothes in the Philippines, it will still be at affordable prices compare to the dollar prices here. So, if you visit Philippines, don't forget to shop! ;)  

*****

The Event:

There were some Pinoy goods and different kinds of shows including singing and dancing. Everyone was having fun. Almost like everybody knew each other. That’s one of the greatest things being in a foreign land, once Filipinos got together, it seems like one big happy family. Everyone’s talking and very friendly towards one another. :)


It was indeed a fun filled Independence Day celebration. I’m so grateful hubby took me there. ^_^
Until next time Bloggers! xoxoxo

18 comments:

  1. lovely dress! i folloew you back ;)

    -gaia
    http://sparklerage.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable style!! You look so pretty! <3

    Well I was wondering if we could follow each other via bloglovin, gfc, instagram, twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blogs and let me know in comments where you follow and I will follow back from both my blogs!! :)

    Kisses
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/
    http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charu,
      I followed both of your blogs! :)

      Thank you for stopping by,

      XOXO
      -Gail

      Delete
    2. hey dear. I follow you now on GFC via both blogs at 47 & 48 :)
      Be in touch :)
      Charu

      Delete
  3. I love your dress, you make me think of summer :)
    Thanks for the comment on my blog, you told me that you were following me, but it says that you're not. Sorry to bother you, but I want to know if it's a problem of my blog or what... Thanks :)
    Obsessed Fashion Blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It shows on my blog and google account that I'm already following you... but anyway, I unfollowed then followed again. Hopefully, you'll see my name this time. Let me know. ;)

      Delete
  4. Cool & Comfy dress :)

    http://byanaleon.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for stopping by my blog. :) That "Classic-Cute Dress" post of yours is super cute and chic! ^_^ Looks good on you. ;)

      XOXO
      -Gail

      Delete
  5. That dress is so cute and you got it at such a lovely price!!
    I love these pictures!!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a bunch for stopping by my blog!! Sure I'm following you now on gfc and bloglovin!! Sorry for the delay! I would be really happy if you will follow me back on bloglovin too!!

    Keep in touch
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again! Followed you back on Bloglovin. :)

      Delete
  7. Great post,love the outfit!
    http://cinnamonanddanako.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your sweet comment and follow love! Following you too
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com
    PS: Even though I'm Indian, most people think I look very Filipino :)

    ReplyDelete