Thursday, June 14, 2018

{ Lipstick: Matte vs. Liquid }




Hello Bloggers! In this post, I'd like to talk about why "matte lipsticks" are better than "liquid". Some of you my disagree with me here, which is totally understood, because we all have our own opinions. I just wanted to share mine, so no violent reaction please. Hehe ^_^



Wearing MAC lipstick in "Pink Plaid" color with a combination of Elizabeth Arden lipstick in "Red Door Red".

I don't usually wear pink lipstick but I thought to myself why not try something new? So I did! I combined this pink MAC matte color with Elizabeth Arden liquid red lipstick. The outcome was great! Whenever I have a lipstick that I am not sure about, I try to mix it up with something else just so I don't have to throw it away. Okay, you all are probably thinking "why would I buy something I didn't want in the first place"? Well, I didn't. This MAC lipstick was a gift from a good friend and that's why I ended up having it. I must admit, I never thought I will be wearing it. This matte lipstick became one of my favorites! 

I fell in love with MAC lipsticks because they last longer than I expected. Yes, they are a little on a pricey side but they are definitely worth every penny. So far, I have this color "Matte Pink Plaid" and "Matte Diva" which I totally love! Can't wait to try their other colors.

Wearing Vice Ganda lipstick in "Severe Matte"

This is the reason why I fell in love with matte lipsticks. Vice Ganda's matte lipstick in "Kavogue" is my very first matte experienced. I can honestly say that it is also one of my favorites. Vice Cosmetics is one of the leading lipstick brand in the Philippines. The whole time I was there (last year) it's the only lipstick brand I've used. She has different colors from nude to bright to the darkest lipstick. It's definitely worth a try especially for only 195 pesos ($4), can't beat that.

Kylie : Posie K Anniversary Lip Trio

Love, love, love this Kylie collection! Hands-down one of the best. I've tried this when I went to a friend's party and after all the eating and drinking we did.. no need for me to re-apply again. That's how good this Kylie matte lipstick is. Expensive? Yes. But you know what they say... you get what you paid for. Pricey but great quality, why not, right? ;)

*****
Before trying matte lipsticks, all I've had was the regular ones.. liquid and lipgloss. They are great, don't get me wrong. However, they don't last as long as the matte ones. After eating and drinking, by the end of the day the lipstick is gone. I had to re-apply it twice or thrice just so I don't lose that pretty red on my lips. 

I am not oppose to trying different product because that is how we find what we really like. Trying something new is always fun. Don't ever close your door into something different, it may be weird at first but you'll never know that it might actually help you get exactly what you are looking for. Take it from me, trying matte lipsticks made me realized that there's actually more out there than what I have in my makeup drawer. Haha! With that said, I still use my liquid lipsticks but I mix them up with my matte ones. And I also bought this thing called "lipstick transformer" by Smashbox. It transforms liquid lipsticks into insta-matte. Give it a try Bloggers, you might like it. ;) 

And that pretty much sums up this post. ^_^
Until next time, Bloggers! 
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment