Tuesday, February 18, 2014

{ ...and then there's Cape Town }

Cape Town, South Africa is one of the world's best cities and seven days in this place was not enough. This City has so much to offer that in seven days we couldn't get to see it all. We went to one of the vineyard that’s in the area and did a tour inside the whole property (can’t remember the exact name of the place). Part of the tour was showing us where they make and store the wine.  The storage area was huge and cold, it was crazy seeing big wood barrels on top of one another, labeled and dated. Lastly, the best part of the tour (for me of course) was the wine and cheese tasting. 

Me posing for the camera and exploring :)
Except for the top, my whole outfit here is from South Africa, including the purse. Top is from Macy's :)



Wine storage


The whole time we were there, this mountain was always covered with clouds which I found very pretty. If you get a chance to visit Cape Town, the Table Mountain is a must see. A visit to this place would be incomplete without checking out the top of the mountain. To get to the top there is a cable car available for tourists which will cost you at the time around R190- return, ($17 - $18). Once you are up there, you will be amazed with the view of the City.


View from the top of the Mountain.

Watching the clouds coming over the mountain.
This view is just beyond amazing and this trip is definitely one of my favorite!


My very first time feeding Ostrich. I was scared at first because I didn’t know what to expect. However, as soon as the Ostrich started taking food on my hand I realized it wasn’t that bad at all. In fact it was ticklish. I guess you can see it on my face, my reaction here says it all. Lol!


The Food


You wouldn't have to worry about where to get a good meal because restaurants are every where. My favorite was the Fish and Chips. I was so hungry at the time I forgot to take a picture of my fish and chips meal. Lol! Oh well. But anyway, the fish is fresh every time, there's no fishy smell at all.


The sunset was undoubtedly beautiful!  I’ve never seen a sunset like this one before, seeing it from the boat, feeling the waves of the water; it’s the perfect way to end the night.

Now, if Cape Town is not on your bucket list yet, well it should be. You won’t regret it. Trust me on this, Cape Town is such an amazing place! I must admit though, this place was not on my list of places to visit before but after being there, seeing what's out there, I wouldn't mind going back.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) .. and thanks for checking out my blog. ^_^

      Delete