Tuesday, February 11, 2014

{ When in Rome }

Finally, I can now check Rome off my bucket list! This Eternal City was by far the most amazing place I have ever been to. The architectures and Roman arts are without doubt one of a kind, no wonder this place gets millions of tourists every year from around the world.

I've never seen a place like this before and that's because I never even thought for a second I would get the chance to visit Italy.




Above pictures are just few of the photos I took when we were there. The structures are beyond amazing, couldn’t turn my camera off! It was breath taking.


Fontana di Trevi (Trevi Fountain)

If Rome is in your future travel plans, do not forget to visit Trevi Fountain, the most famous and arguably the most beautiful fountain there is in Rome, located in Quirinale district. Tradition has it that if you throw a coin into the fountain's water basin guarantees your return to the world's most beautiful city. Just be sure to follow the right way of tossing a coin which is; toss a coin with your right hand over your left shoulder or vice versa (left hand over your right shoulder) with your back to the fountain. I’m not even sure now if I did mine right. Oh well! Lol!

This is me standing in front of The Mausoleum of Hadrian, usually known as the Castel Sant'Angelo.

At the Altare della Patria (Altar of the Fatherland). Can't hide my excitement being in this awesome place. Lol! :)

Altare della Patria is a very large monument in Rome located in the center of the city near the Capitoline Hill and the Piazza Venezia. This monument is dedicated to King Victor Emmanuel II of Italy, who became the unified country’s first monarch in 1870.


Behind me is the most recognizable building of Vatican City in Rome - the St. Peter's Basilica Dome.

If for any reason you feel like stretching your legs, the Cupola of St. Peter's Basilica Dome is the perfect place. Tourists/visitors can climb to the top of the cathedral dome, with 320 steps. I admit it was not easy but once you are up there, in front of you will be this fabulous view of Vatican City. It's definitely a great experience and worth climbing for!

2 comments:

  1. Looked like you had fun :-)

    Http:// www.modifiednow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! :) Rome is really a beautiful place. Thank you for checking out my blog, Verlyncia!

      Delete