Saturday, March 29, 2014

{ Simple yet Classy look }

Again, as always, I was in a hurry to find an outfit that is not too formal but dressy enough that I could wear to an evening event in Boston the other day. I was looking through my clothes and I draw a blank. Dress after dress, shoes after shoes, and few more hours later, I still couldn’t decide what to wear. I had the “no matter how full my wardrobe is, I never seem to find anything to wear” moment. Lol! At one time in our lives we all had that moment, right? Crazy isn’t? 



Anyway, after trying on few dresses that’s in my closet, I finally decided to wear a long high-waist black skirt, pairing it with red top and a stripe blazer. Just when I thought I’m all set and ready to go, I noticed one thing. I started walking around the house and kept stepping on my skirt. Then I realized what if I get to the event and tripped on my own skirt in front of all those people? That would be really embarrassing! Lol! Besides, I don’t want to be the “talk of the night”, if you know what I mean. -_^

Me being the girl always in a hurry, I went back to my closet and grabbed a dress in grey and black color, white jacket, and black shoes. Since my purse was already in black and white color, I decided to follow that trend and quickly changed my outfit, and then off there I go. Fortunately, the weather cooperated with me that night. Lol! I get cold easily so I try to cover up my whole body if possible during cold season.


The outfit I picked at that last minute turned out to be perfect! One thing I learned for sure in that moment was when in doubt, wear black and white. You can never go wrong with these two colors together. :)


jacket: Black Rivet
dress: XOXO
purse: ELLE
shoes: from Baguio Philippines

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the blog keep sharing with us. Considering the jacket size chart one can get the right size of jacket while doing the shopping.

    ReplyDelete