Friday, May 2, 2014

{ I ♥ Amsterdam }

Before I begin this post, let me first start by saying Yay, to my first May post! Hahaha! I just can’t believe it’s already May and finally feeling that warmer weather. :) And warmer weather for me means Summer!!! (big smiley face here) :D

Anyway, back to my new travel-post >>

The first time hubby told me that we’re going to Amsterdam, I was very excited. We did the whole Euro Trip experience which includes riding a sleeper-train, bullet train, and stopping at different train stations along Europe. For me when you say “Amsterdam” the first thing that comes in mind is their “marijuana” policy. Hahah! Don’t judge, I’ve always heard about this and I’m pretty sure so as the other many people around the globe. Lol! :) However, that’s not what made me super excited about going to this well-known city but rather its unique buildings and structures. 


The buildings/structures are just incredibly amazing! I’ve never seen this type of structure style anywhere else in the world. Well, at least from the places I’ve been to. That said, every time I see these types of buildings I think of Amsterdam right away.

Amsterdam is one of those places that even if you stay there for a full week; you still don’t get to see everything. The City of Amsterdam is definitely a must visit place in the world because of its unique streets, canals, and buildings/structures. Locals get around Amsterdam by riding a bike and this is why you’ll see bicycles all over the city, day and night. I love the fact that you can pick up a bicycle and go somewhere around the city (although I believe you have to pay after which makes sense, business is business).

Hubby and I also tried different restaurants when we’re there and my favorite is their French fries with mayonnaise. At first I was thinking mayonnaise? Really? … but it was actually really good. Until now I’m still looking for the same thing when we go somewhere but it’s never the same. I don’t know why but Amsterdam's way (french-fries with mayo) is so much better. You have to try it when you’re there. Lol!

We also tried to get on one of those canal tours they have but we decided to just walk and see every corner of Amsterdam. And yes, every corner includes seeing those ladies on the window in the Red Light District. Hahah! Out of curiosity I had to check it out myself. ;)

Below are just few of the many photos I took when we were there:


What's interesting and special about this trip was meeting other tourists, having conversations and good laughs with them even if you don't know each other difinitely adds up to the whole Euro experience! On top of that, the scenic view from our train travels, seeing the Swiss Alps for the very firts time was just insane! It's so beautiful! :)


The Swiss Alps. view from the train

Amsterdam is surely an interesting place and is definitely on my list of places to visit again in the future.  ^_^

Until next time bloggers. xoxoxo 

2 comments:

  1. This is great as I'm off to Amserdam myself in a few weeks and I'm so excited about it and your pictures make it look amazing. Sounds great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m super excited for you! :) Amsterdam is really a beautiful place to visit. Don’t forget to try their French fries with Mayo. ;) Safe trip, Lorna! :)

      Delete